Australia has not officially recorded a coronavirus-linked death for a week.
The last death related to the virus was an elderly patient at Newmarch House in Sydney’s west, taking the death toll to 97.
The aged care home has become the epicentre of the outbreak in NSW.
There have been eight new cases of coronavirus in Australia recorded in the last 24 hours, the Department of Health has confirmed.
There were seven new cases confirmed in Victoria, and one in NSW – with the six other states and territories recording no new cases.
There are 6967 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Australia, with 3053 in New South Wales, 1509 in Victoria, 1051 in Queensland, 439 in South Australia, 553 in Western Australia, 225 in Tasmania, 107 in the Australian Capital Territory and 30 in the Northern Territory.
According to the Department of Health, close to 6200 of those patients have recovered.
Australia’s first coronavirus fatality was on Sunday, March 1.
Ninety-seven people have now died in Australia – nine in WA, four in Queensland, 46 in NSW, 18 in Victoria, 13 in Tasmania, three in the ACT and four in SA.
There have been no new deaths since Tuesday May 5.
The last official death linked to the virus was an elderly resident at Newmarch House.
NEW SOUTH WALES (46)
• 75-year-old man died at St George Hospital, having come into contact with a confirmed case of the virus in his household
• a 77-year-old woman died on in a Sydney hospital after arriving from Queensland
• an 86-year-old man from Sydney died
• an 81-year-old woman died after having close contact with a confirmed case at Ryde Hospital
• a 77-year-old woman who had been rushed to hospital off the Ruby Princess died in Sydney
• 67-year-old Ruby Princess passenger Janet Lieben died at Orange Base Hospital
• a 74-year-old woman died in an Albury Hospital
• a 75-year-old man who was a passenger on the Ovation of the Seas cruise ship died in Wollongong
• a 61-year-old man died at Hornsby Hospital
• a 76-year-old male Ruby Princess passenger died at Westmead Hospital
• an 80-year-old male Ruby Princess passenger died at Westmead Hospital
• a 91-year-old male Ruby Princess passenger died at Port Macquarie Base Hospital
• an 86-year-old male Opal Care Bankstown resident died at Liverpool Hospital
• an 85-year-old man who was a close contact of a confirmed case died at Liverpool Hospital
• a 90-year-old male Opal Care Bankstown resident died at Liverpool Hospital
• an 87-year-old female Ruby Princess passenger died in NSW
• a 69-year-old male died in Newcastle’s John Hunter hospital, believed to have caught the virus on a trip to Queensland
• a 91-year-old woman died in hospital
• an 82-year-old man died in Sydney’s Royal Prince Alfred Hospital after contracting the virus
• a 74-year-old woman, who was a former Ruby Princess passenger, died in John Hunter Hospital
• a 79-year-old man, also a former Ruby Princess passenger, died in the Northern Beaches Hospital
• 58-year-old woman died in Tamworth Hospital
• 83-year-old Queensland man, who was a passenger on the Celebrity Eclipse cruise ship, died in a Sydney hospital
Anglicare Newmarch House, Caddens, NSW
16 of the NSW COVID-19 deaths have been residents of the Anglicare Newmarch House aged care facility in the city’s west:
• an 89-year-old female resident
• a 78-year-old female resident
• a 96-year-old female resident
• a 79-year-old female resident
• a 92-year-old female resident
• a 94-year-old male resident
• a 93-year-old male resident
• Nine further residents of Anglicare Newmarch House, bring the death toll there to 16, surpassing the Dorothy Henderson Lodge where six people died.
The Dorothy Henderson Lodge, Macquarie Park, NSW
Six of the NSW COVID-19 deaths have been residents of the Dorothy Henderson Lodge aged care facility in the city’s north west:
• a 95-year-old female resident
• an 82-year-old male resident
• a 90-year-old female resident
• a 91-year-old female resident
• a 95-year-old female resident
• a 90-year-old male resident
• man in his 60s
• three men in their 70s died at Victorian hospitals
• a man in his 80s died at a Melbourne hospital
• a woman in her 70s died in hospital
• a woman in her 60s died in a Melbourne hospital
• a man in his 70s died in intensive care
• a woman in her 70s died in hospital
• a man in his 50s died in hospital
• a woman in her 80s died
• Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced an 11th person had died in the state
• an 80-year-old woman died at hospital, the state’s 12th victim
• a man in his 80s died in hospital
• Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos announced a man in his 80s had died in hospital
• A man in his 90s died in hospital
WESTERN AUSTRALIA (9)
• 78-year-old Diamond Princess passenger James Kwan died in Perth
• 73-year-old Celebrity Solstice passenger Ray Daniels died in Perth
• a German tourist in his 70s, who was a passenger on the Artania cruise ship, died in a Perth hospital
• an 84-year-old male Ruby Princess passenger died at Royal Perth Hospital
• an Artania passenger in his 70s died at Joondalup Health Campus in Perth
• a woman in her 70s who had travelled overseas died at Royal Perth Hospital
• a man in his 40s who was a crew member on the Artania died at Royal Perth Hospital. He is the youngest person in the country to die from the virus.
• a passenger from the Artania cruise ship, a man aged in his 70s, died in Western Australia
• an 83-year-old woman who contracted COVID-19 from close contact. She was admitted to hospital in mid-April and died on 30 April
• a Ruby Princess passenger in her 80s died at North-West Regional Hospital in Tasmania
• a Ruby Princess passenger in his 80s died at Royal Hobart Hospital
• a Ruby Princess passenger in his 80s died at North-West Regional Hospital in Tasmania
• an elderly man died at the Northwest Hospital in Tasmania
• an elderly woman in her 70s died at Northwest Regional Hospital in Tasmania, the state’s fifth death
• a 91-year-old woman who died at Mersey Community Hospital at Latrobe
• a 72-year-old man died in the Mersey Community Hospital
• 74-year-old man died in Tasmania’s northwest
• 79-year-old woman died at Launceston General Hospital in Tasmania
• 90-year-old man died at Mersey Community Hospital
• A man in his 90s has died at Mersey Community Hospital
• An 86-year-old woman died in the state’s coronavirus-ravaged north west region
• An 86-year-old woman died at Mersey Community Hospital, the state’s 13th death
• 68-year-old Voyager of the Seas passenger Garry Kirstenfeldt died in Toowoomba
• 75-year-old Ruby Princess passenger Karla Lake died at Caboolture hospital north of Brisbane
• 85-year-old Ruby Princess passenger Des Williams died at Darling Downs Hospital in Toowoomba
• a 78-year-old Ruby Princess passenger died at The Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane
SOUTH AUSTRALIA (4)
• 75-year-old Frank Ferraro died at Royal Adelaide Hospital after acquiring COVID-19 interstate
• a 62-year-old female Ruby Princess passenger died at Royal Adelaide Hospital
• a 76-year-old man died at the Royal Adelaide Hospital
• a former Ruby Princess passenger, a 74-year-old man, died in Royal Adelaide Hospital
• a woman in her 80s who acquired the disease overseas died at Canberra Hospital
• 82-year-old Mike, father-in-law of Labor MP Ged Kearney, died at Canberra Hospital
• a woman in her 60s who acquired the disease on the Ruby Princess died at Canberra Hospital